Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fry Daddy

That's what they call a deep fryer in the South. It's also what Douglas has become. And you know he doesn't do anything by halves. He's going a little crazy with it. Here he is, laughing and showing off his deep fried mushrooms, just like they make at the Starlite Drive-In and Gun Shop in Durham (I kid you not, about any of that):



Last week, my parents' neighbour, Melinda, gave us a deep fryer. It's amazing what all you can deep fry. We haven't tried Snickers bars or Oreos yet (these are common at the NC State Fair). I'm fixin' to fry us up some pickles soon, though. Melinda has also promised to teach us how to make amazing spring rolls, Filipino style. mmmmm.

On Friday I have two job interviews - one for a job only about 5 miles away, one about 10 miles away. For the sake of the size of my butt, let's all hope I get the one that's far away...

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I'll have to send a report from the State Fair on the latest trends in fried food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Douglas' next food obsession should be cupcakes. Check out this site, http://cupcakeblog.com/. I think the top story right now has a doughnut on top of a coffee cupcake, so you could potentially combine frying and baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many flavors of cupcakes! yum. That site is a keeper. I don't think I'll show it to Douglas, though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starlite mushrooms! I can't take it. It's too raw.

    ReplyDelete