Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rain and Snow

It has rained steadily for the past week or so. Douglas made Saira a super-cute gore-tex raincoat so she stays dry:


This morning the clouds lifted. Not all the way, of course, but we can see the mountains again. So much rain! At least we have some snow to show for it:



My work mirrors the weather - it is drudgery, plain and simple. Last week I got frustrated with it, and Douglas cheered me up by telling me funny stories about when he stuffed insulation with ex-cons to pay the rent in Idaho. Now, when I feel my brain melting and running out my ears, I remind myself that at least I'm not covered in fiberglass and surrounded by criminals.

Hopefully the clouds will lift in my work life soon, too. There are some other options on the horizon. I haven't heard back from the elusive Project Seahorse folks. They tell me they are still deliberating, and so I am still hoping. (There were 200 applicants for the job, and I made it to the final 5, so that counts for something.) I've applied for a cool-sounding job at the Vancouver Aquarium.

Tomorrow we leave all of this behind. We're going to Tucson, for Seline and Dylan's wedding. I am bouncing off the walls, I'm so excited. The wedding, seeing all of our friends, warm sunny weather, 5 days off work - there are so many reasons to be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment