Tuesday, October 30, 2007

fried

We spent a glorious few days in Tucson at Seline and Dylan's wedding. It was perfectly sublime, with fairy lights, mouth-crunch cake, old and new friends, and knock-you-on-your-ass margaritas. We could not have had a better time.

I will write more and post more pictures later, though. My computer kicked the bucket today, and I've lost a lot of applications and data. My last backup was too long ago. I've never been so dependent on a computer before. It had started to feel like an extension of my brain. Now that it's gone down the tubes, I kind of feel like it's taken my brain with it.

More later, when I'm a fully functioning cyberbeing again.

3 comments:

  1. Aack! When I first got used to having a Palm (in 1999) I called it my "spare brain" - it remembered everything I didn't have to.

    I can't imagine losing a computer full of data now. How hideous! Take heart - I have been through the process a couple of times in the past, and have always come through it losing what I thought were important files which ended up as "not so important". I hope yours fall into this category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i hope that it's recoverable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. condolences! i hope you can recover something from the remains!

    ReplyDelete