Friday, March 21, 2008

long weekend

OK, this is my third post today - I've been bitten by the blogging bug this weekend, for sure. 4 whole days off! The time seems endless!

I've also been bitten by a bit of a techie bug lately - odd for me. It was inspired by museum stuff - needing to investigate a video camera that researchers can take into the field with them. I found two cool new things: the Flip video camera, and PicLens.

PicLens first - a simple Firefox addon, it gives you a fabulous interface for viewing photos. It's really intuitive, and reminds me of some of the new software coming out for touchscreens. The photos all come up on a black background, you can easily navigate through them, zoom in on one, zoom back out to look at all of them. It's great.

Second, the flip digital video camera. I read about it in a NYT article. It's cheap ($120 or $180, depending on memory size, 30 or 60 min), portable, and simple. Their design philosophy is *basic* - something you can take with you everywhere, and is so simple that it has no learning curve. It's like a point and shoot digital video camera, with good video quality. I really want to try one out.

all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment