Friday, March 21, 2008

cookie epiphany


Huh. So I never knew what do to about cookies that turned out flat as pancakes and too crispy. Sometimes they did, and sometimes they didn't. The other day I was making a recipe that sometimes turns out like that, and I had an extra egg open (I was making wontons or something, and using the egg to seal them), so I just chucked it in.

And lo and behold, they were tall and moist and *delicious*!!! Eggs, marvelous eggs. I've made them several times since, and every time they turn out great. I've added the extra egg to a few other recipes, too, with great results.

Here's the new fav cookie recipe (modified from a cookie book, a bit):

Oven to 375

1 c butter
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 c flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c choc chips
1 c almonds/some other nut

cream butter, beat in sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
combine flour, baking soda, cocoa, salt.
blend flour mix into butter/sugar mix.
stir in chips and nuts.

drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet, bake for 10-12 min.

mmmmmmmm. We usually make the batter, bake up one batch of cookies, then put the rest of the batter in the fridge. That way they it doesn't take so long, and you have fresh ones in a few days (if you manage not to eat all the raw cookie dough....ugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment