Sunday, November 25, 2007

s&b

We just had an s&b meeting at my house. Susannah brought a project she was working on the last time I had s&b in Vancouver, 5 and a half years ago. There were tea and brownies, ginger biscuits and banana bread. Jen learned how to cast on, Katrin tried to remember how to crochet, Shelley cussed out her laceweight shawl, and Kathleen's cabled mittens made me want to try out a cable pattern myself. It was good - I missed s&b. No one bitched as well as Alexandra, but, then, that's a lot to ask. 8)

I am still waiting to hear the final word on the new job - the director submitted my new job description last week, and was told that it would take them about a week or two to process it so they can make me an offer. I'm holding my breath!

Douglas went 'dirt surfing' on the Sunshine Coast today (it's on the mainland, but you have to take a 40 minute ferry ride to get there), and he's just beaming with joy about how good it was. He's glad he's found some friends to mountain bike with, and he still can't get over how pretty it is here....

No comments:

Post a Comment