Thursday, November 22, 2007

Miraculous

I time travelled on my way to work yesterday. How do I know? I ended up in the 19th century. Let me explain.

The receptionist quit last week. They haven't hired a temp to replace her. Instead, they have temporarily demoted the woman who used to do the job to receptionist again. Yesterday she had a dentist appointment, which meant no one would be around to answer the phones. I was told that "the ladies in the office usually answer the phones," and asked to step up and do my bit.

I replied that although I do not have balls, I'm not a lady, and therefore do not qualify. I still ended up answering the phones.

At least The Job is good blog fodder. Enjoy it while you can (I am, o, am I ever) - earlier this week the director e-mailed me the description of my soon-to-be-new-job. We're waiting for HR to do some paperwork. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment: