Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gardening

This afternoon we planted some more peas, added a last bit of compost to the raised bed, and transplanted the beets, kale, and collards. The little man was right there, helping (and getting into mischief).




On Bert's advice, I've been watching the Claire's allotment videos on YouTube, and they are fantastic. Week by week gardening advice! I am also hoping to find a gardening community here. I've heard of groups that meet once a month to chat about what should be going on in your garden, but haven't quite figured out how to join one yet. Hopefully soon! Last week I met a fellow vendor at the Saturday Market who is an avid gardener, so maybe we can form a tiny club of our own.

We have also been watching the rhubarb, grow, day by day. Each time Theo sees it, he says "And it will grow, and we will EAT it, and that will be GOOD."

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Wow, The rhubarb is almost as tall as Theodore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:18 PM

    That was me, The anonymous Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:33 AM

    Yum! Can't wait to see what comes out of your garden! You could try seeing if there's a master gardeners chapter on saltsprimg--good luck!
    Celine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a gardening club, I think. I'm looking around, and have already made some friends who know more about gardening than I do. 8) Can't wait to learn....

      Delete