Sunday, November 21, 2010

the red heart of memory

 


I knitted a little lacy cap for Shelley's wee bairn-to-be. She had her baby shower today, so I can now post pictures without worrying about giving anything away. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The yarn is a luscious red, and very soft. If only I could remember what type it is.... I'm so bad about keeping ball bands. I know I bought it in SLO - Celine, maybe you can help me out??

 


 


The shower was lovely. There were no games involving diapers and crushed Mars bars, just good food and conversation. Shelley and I have known each other since we were about 13. We and 3 other women have been good friends since high school, and 3 of the 5 of us are having babies within a year of each other. It's amazing to be able to compare experiences with friends who share so much history. We can remember sitting in the high school hallway giggling about boys, and passing notes in Physics class. And now here we are, having children.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment