Thursday, December 13, 2007

yahoo!

I got an official job offer from UBC yesterday, and starting January 2 will be doing something much more up my alley - I'm positively oscillating with glee.

I handed in my resignation at the engineering company today. It was sweet. Very sweet. It was also fun to watch people's eyes get big when I told them about my new job. Hell, I didn't get a Masters degree to be a secretary, sugar.

The marketing manager, the one with the secret record producing identity, was genuinely pleased for me. He said nice things about how I'd be hard to replace (I've been doing more and more work for him lately) and offered to take me out to lunch next week. The office micromanager was happy, too, but I think she was just happy that I'm leaving so she can complain about how she has to do *everything* around the office again.

ah. 6 more days. 45 hours.

And then I get to work in the technicolor world of biology again! It'll be just like in the movies. Not that there are many movies about biologists. But you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a plate full of fantastic with a side of kickass. Hire me in October. I'll see you on campus (hey, where's your office?).
    -derek

    ReplyDelete